Saturday, August 29, 2009

Garage saleing is always welcome!

I've had good luck with garage sales lately. Thomas and Hannah Bussemeier were up this weekend visiting, and Hannah wanted to go garage saleing, so my mom and I went with her. I've been wanting to start storing up on furniture for when I move out in may, and had almost everything I needs except for living room furniture, so that was my goal today. We went to one garage sale, I found a really nice TV stand for five bucks! It has a little ding on the side, but hey, five bucks! Love the color and it's really solid, and it would be very easy to fix!This is the corner ding. Nothing a good sanding and stain can't fix!

Another Garage sale we went to had a really nice chair for sale but they wanted $85 dollars for it. Hannah advised me to wait for a little while and come back near the end of their sale so they would be a little more desperate to deal (Germans know these things :) ) so I did, came back, and offered $60, and they agreed! As we were loading it up, the lady came up to me and told me they'd be willing to sell me their other one that is exactly the same for the same price, so I agreed and now I have two pretty much brand new leather recliners with ottoman's for my living room! Also, they swivel :) Take a look!

No comments: