Sunday, November 9, 2008

After a weekend of wonderful chaos...

comes a complete loneliness and solitude. Quite a jump to make all in half an hour. But hey, the weekend I had, was well worth all the dead quiet around here now. The weekend started off with a surprise visit from my best friends. Logan, Davis, Kaden, Gaelan, Aerylin and Heather all came and surprised me for the November 8th weekend! For those of you who don't know, Logan, Davis, Kaden and a couple others of us "started" (originally founded by Brent and Jared I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong) a wings night every 8th of the month. But with me being moved away, I am unable to really participate in the celebrations. So awhile back we had planned to have a wings night here in Edmonton this month, but then Logan told me that he had to work this weekend, so I planned on a quiet evening at home with my parents. But lo and behold, come about 7:30 friday night, I heard the doorbell ring, and I opened the door to the most welcome sight I've had in a long time. It made me so happy! We played games and just had a wonderful evening and all of us didn't end up going to sleep until 1 in the morning. It was great!! The next few days were equally exhilarating and I hated to see them all leave this afternoon. I tell you though, the time I spend with them now seems to be a whole lot more cherished than before. Not that I took it for granted before, but now I know what I miss out on when I'm not around and I miss it more than anything in the world. I guess we'll just have to do it as often as possible over the next years to come!

2 comments:

Darla said...

So glad you guys had a blast! I love being surprised like that, it's so much fun!

Kari said...

Yeah, definitely the best surprise I've ever had!