Thursday, January 1, 2009

Something to Pray for in the New Year...

Deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being loved;
from the desire of being honored;
from the desire of being praised;
from the desire of being preferred to others;
from the desire of being consulted;
from the desire of being approved;
from the fear of being humiliated;
from the fear of being despised;
from the fear of suffering rebuke;
from the fear of being forgotten;
from the fear of being wrong;
from the fear of being suspected;

And Jesus, grant me the grace to desire that others might be loved more than I;
That others might be more esteemed than I;
that in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I decrease;
that others may be chosen, and I set aside;
that others may be praised and I unnoticed;
that others may be preferred to me in everything;
that others may become holier than I, provided that I become as holy as I should.


We received this one night at the bible study back in Sexsmith and I just found it again today. I hope it'll humble you as it has humbled me. Happy new years everyone!

No comments: