Monday, June 27, 2011

Hola Dominican Republic!

We went to the Dominican on our honeymoon and it was fantastic! It was extremely warm though! It felt like it got to around 35 degrees Celsius every day! Needless to say, Logan and I got sun burnt pretty bad that took a few days to recover. We decided it might be best to wait until the hottest part of the day was somewhat over before we ventured outside again.

Married!
Our room. They were really nice! The first time we got there there was a towel swan with flower petals on the bed! They also tied balloons everywhere for us too :)
This is pretty much what the resort looked like the whole way through! So nice. Amazing the world change though once you leave the resort gates.
First day there, had to go to the beach!
The buffet at the Resort had a really great arrangement! Almost every little tray had some decoration like this!
A picture of my wonderful husband and a sample of the buffet place. Pretty fancy!I don't know how it happened, but at some point I was eating with 2 forks and didn't realize it for awhile....I think this is the only picture of the two of us...other than para sailing!So one night I got up to go to the washroom and this big cockroach skittered across the floor, I jumped on the bed and repeatedly *screamed for* asked Logan to kill it...so gross!Relaxing in his new favorite shirt :PWe went para sailing! I was so scared. I hate heights, but Logan really wanted to do it, so we did! It was so fun!! It's actually not that bad once you get up there. I was quite relaxed and enjoying being that high in the air (far above the palm trees!)
I'm having issues with uploading videos, so I will try to upload them a bit later!

3 comments:

Darla said...

looks like a blast!! Glad you had a nice,relaxing time. Minus the bug. At least it wasn't a lizard!!

Lauryn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! The parasailing looks like alot of fun! I kinda wish we did it when went for our honeymoon! Glad you got great weather - lazing on the beach is the best - enjoy it now, before the kids come along!:-P

Kari said...

Lizard I could handle..bug...not so much! We did see our fair share of lizards though ;) Parasailing was great! If you get the chance to do it in the future, you definitely should!