Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All finished school and ready to Say Aloha!

I officially finished my first semester on Friday. exams and all! Overall I think I did pretty well on the exams. I got 74% on the Image processing one of photography and 84% on the design exam. As for the other 2, I have yet to hear back about my marks, and wait anxiously and hope I did well! Not too much else has been new I guess. On this past saturday, a group of us classmates had a movie night at Brendan's and had a potluck supper. It was lots of fun! We watched "The Dark Knight" in high definition! I didn't think Batman could get much better than that, but I was wrong :P And that ended the semester off really nice. Now everybody is spread their different ways for our month off! So awesome. Right now, we're just getting packed and ready for Hawaii which is only 3 days away! Yesterday we went shopping to pick up some needed ods and ends. I'm bringing my camera with me to hawaii so I needed to get a really nice soft case that can hold all my lenses and is light enough to take on as carryon, and I've been successful! It fit three of my four lenses and accessories and it still only weighed 9 pounds. So that'll be nice. I'll have room for a book or my MP3 player to keep me entertained on the 6 hour flight haha :) Marlys, Terry, Kyle and baby are coming on friday morning. It's going to be so great to have the whole day with them before we fly off. Grandma and Grandpa are coming to house sit for us the week that we're gone, so they'll be here friday. Mom and I have a games evening planned out for friday night and we're going to make a bunch of snacks for the evening, including the oh so delicious lefse (a potato pancake and you spread butter and sugar onto it and roll it up. It's norwegian) but other than that life has been pretty normal.
There's also been a crazy thing happen just down the road last week. On thursday last week, there was a murder suicide in a house just a couple houses down from us. It was pretty scary and really heartbreaking, especially so close to Christmas. We're praying for the family and everything. We definitely weren't expecting something like that in a small town.

No comments: