Monday, July 6, 2009

Good Week(end)

Since Wednesday was a holiday for everyone (Happy Canada Day People!) I was able to get Thursday and Friday off as well and head down to Medicine Hat to visit the family. I worked until five on Tuesday then went home, quickly packed and my parents and I left the house at about 7! It was the first time we took our motorhome on a trip and it turned out to be really awesome! I played my guitar, and read, and slept on a bed while driving! Good stuff :) Anyways, we drove until about midnight and decided to pull over at a rest stop for the night. It was raining and my dad was having a hard time seeing. We woke up at 8 the next morning and ended up getting to Marlys and Terry's place at 9:47 am! It was nice to have all of wednesday through sunday to be with all of them. We had so much fun! Wednesday night we went to Kin Coulee and watched the fireworks from Kyle's back yard (well, we walked a little ways, there was a big tree in the way). The rest of the weekend we just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. Saturday we loaded up the motorhome again and all of us drove down to Writing on Stone provincial park which is only about 40 km north of the Montana Border. Writing on Stone has a bunch of Hoodoos and has actual stone writings of battles that the Blackfoot natives carved. It was really hard to see because it's so faded, but it was neat nonetheless :) Then we dropped mom off in Claresholm on Sunday for a funeral that was today (my uncle's dad died) and my dad and I drove back sunday night because we both had to work today. It was a really good weekend. And of course, no weekend report is complete without a new picture of Evan! He's three months old now and SO adorable! I thought he was cute when he was a newborn but now he's SUPER Adorable haha :) You judge for yourself!

No comments: