Thursday, September 25, 2008

Critique class

Well, Let's say it was a nerve wracking experience! It was our first one and none of us students knew what to expect! In this class, our instructors have all of our pictures lined up on the wall from the previous week, they then proceed to tell us what they like and what we could improve on. Doesn't sound so scary when it's said like that, but when you put all your effort into taking a shot, it can be devastating! BUT it turned out to be a pleasant surprise today! It was an hour and 15 minutes to judge all the prints, but I'm happy to say that my print was in the top 6, and had the third highest mark! (There were three of us with the same mark) So because of that, I got to hang up my picture on the "Ego Board", so dubbed by the second years, for a week. Wow! Hopefully I can keep that up! It was definitely a surprise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari,
I’m not sure if you remember me -- My name is Hannah. I met you briefly (very briefly:-) at Brent and Chantelle’s wedding. (I got your link off Darla’s blog – I hope you don’t mind!)
Anyways, I am very interested in photography and I’m taking a few photography courses this year. I was wondering if you post any of your pictures anywhere (a flickr or virb page or something?). I would love to see some of your work! (if you don’t mind):-)
TTYL,
Hannah

Kari said...

Yes! I do remember you and I remember hearing that you were interested in photography! I only have some of my pictures on Facebook if you have one of those, but other than that I don't really have any posted anywhere else. Umm I can try to get you the link for it, I don't know if it'll work, but here goes!
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/grande-prairie-AB/Kari-Knapp-Photography/30608981123?ref=ts

Try it and if it doesn't work, email me at to_the_batmobile@hotmail.com. And I don't mind at all, just to let you know ;)
Kari