Friday, September 19, 2008

In the Beginning...

God created the heavens and the earth. Wow! I had a wonderful evening tonight with my dad. He took me to the space and science center here in Edmonton and we went to a theatre type show about the beginning of the space age. This theatre is not a normal theatre. You walk into the room and it's completely round and there's a big projector in the middle of it facing the ceiling. when you sit down, your chair reclines and you look at the roof and the whole roof is a screen. It's absolutely amazing. During the movie, I forgot many times that I was just in a theatre and thought I was actually in space. It was incredible. It was about the race for space between the Soviet Union and the United States. The most amazing part of the movie was when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldred were orbiting around the moon, on the screen you see the moon on the left, the top of the earth, millions of stars and this space ship in Orbit, and all of a sudden you hear Neil Armstrong's voice (the real recording) from a Christmas eve broadcast reading Genesis. I almost started crying. The whole time I was watching this movie, I kept thinking "this is extraordinary, but I can't wait until I can see the real thing in heaven!" I was just awestruck at the beauty of God's creation and watched the whole thing in wonder! It was definitely beautiful and if you ever get a chance to see it, It's called the Dawn of the space age. Left me completely awestruck and speechless! And he saw that it was good :)

No comments: