Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bible study

Yes Indeed! I did go to it, and I did find it (with a minor loss of direction.) I showed up early surprisingly because they didn't start until 7:30 and I was there at around ten after. So that was weird. Anyways, it turned out to be pretty good! I'm still a little wary on some aspects, but I'm going again next week just to try it out. I can't judge it by one time, so I'll try one more time and keep praying about it for sure! The subject they are doing though is very interesting. It's called the "Truth Project" and it is being distributed by focus on the family. It is created for believers because all too often now, Christians are getting sucked into the lies of the world and starting to get a worldly world view. Truth Project brings you back to the basics of Who God is, Who man is and how it all works. It's so very interesting, and it is very biblically sound. My parents and I actually went to a training seminar for it last weekend so we are "technically" equipped to start our own small groups. (I'm not going to be doing that yet that's for sure!) I'm very excited about the whole subject this group is doing. I think it's going to be quite a wake up call for many christians out there.
Anyways, back to bible study. It was a very friendly group, everyone was talkative and outgoing which was nice. The only problems I had with the group was that they didn't have a set leader. So it was basically just a bunch of college aged kids/young adults saying what their own opinion is on the subject, they weren't bothered by keeping tabs with if it's right or not. I was really wary about that. The other thing I was uncomfortable about was that it felt like almost a singles "bar" per se where it was like, "alright, let's find me a wife." I doubt that that's the mentality of most of them, but still, I've never been in a situation where it's strictly all singles who are all college age, and a lot of them are looking to settle down. Something I'm not used to. BUT that's my own personal issue, not an issue to bring against the group. So we'll see how it goes again next week. Subject matter, I'm very pleased about, group discussion/leadership, not so much.

No comments: