Saturday, January 2, 2010

20 years old...

yikes! I know I'm not old but I sure do feel different. It's hard to believe 20 years has come and gone already. It was a good day spent playing games with family and just relaxing! Well, here's to the next year!

Another prayer I need to remember everyday (posted it last new years as well):

"Deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being loved;
from the desire of being honored;
from the desire of being praised;
from the desire of being preferred to others;
from the desire of being consulted;
from the desire of being approved;
from the fear of being humiliated;
from the fear of being despised;
from the fear of suffering rebuke;
from the fear of being forgotten;
from the fear of being wrong;
from the fear of being suspected.
And Jesus, grant me the grace to desire that
others might be loved more than I;
That others might be esteemed more than I;
that in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I decrease;
that others may be praise and I unnoticed;
that others may be preferred to me in everything;
that others may become holier than I
provided I become as holy as I should."

A prayer we should all memorize, providing we truly mean what it says.

and of course, the Chuck Norris fact from my calendar. They combined both today and tomorrow.

January 2 & 3 - "One man's loss is another man's gain. Most of the time, that second man is Chuck Norris."

No comments: