Monday, January 4, 2010

Hooray for being broke (Haha!)

Today was an expensive day. That makes it depressing! Today my mom and I had a few errands to run around town getting groceries and doing the recycling, and since it is a new semester, I needed to purchase my next round of bus passes which comes in at a whopping $316.00 for the four months! In the long run it saves you quite a bit of money, but 300 bucks at one pop can be pretty mind blowing, especially when it's a good chunk of your savings! I was fine in getting the bus passes and I was doing good, but then we got the mail. Back in October I was in GP doing a work experience week, and ended up accidentally running a red light!! I was driving toward the intersection, noticed the light was yellow and that people were still driving through it, and so I looked down briefly to see what was brushing my arm, looked up, I was in the intersection, the light was red and the flash came! I was so upset and worried and I felt terrible! I don't do things like that! Anyways, a month came, then two months and no ticket, so I assumed I was in the clear, but then I got it in the mail today finally on January 4th! I ran the red light on October 29, they mailed the ticket December 11, got it today, and now I have until the 26th to pay...$287.00!!!! Hard lesson learned! Here's a hint to saving money...Don't run red lights!!

Daily Chuck Norris January 4th:
"Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster take pictures of Chuck Norris"

2 comments:

chantelle said...

ouch Kari! Get used to being broke lol thats life

Kari said...

haha oh, trust me. I've been broke for the past two years. Just now, I'm more broke then usual :)