Wednesday, January 6, 2010

For Logan: Some jokes about the bagpipes.

I was reading through a magazine my parents get called "Our Canada" and there was an article on all things Scottish, including the bagpipes. There were a few things in it that made me think of Logan and laugh quite a bit, one of them is that the Scotts call turnips and potatoes "neeps and tatties." which tickled my funny bone, and I think I might start calling them that from now on. Also, the writer of this article included some good bagpipe jokes after explaining the history of bagpipes. Here are a few of them:

Q: What's the difference between a rattlesnake on the road and a set of bagpipes on the road?
A: Skid marks in front of the rattlesnake.

Q: Why do bagpipers march while playing and practicing?
A: It's harder to hit a moving target! (That's why he wants to play on a foggy morning too right?)

During the second world war, while his platoon was under heavy fire, the sergeant major asked his commanding officer to send six tanks....or one bagpiper.

Bagpipes: The missing link between music and noise.

It's actually kind of a cool article to read. It talks about Haggis (yuck!) and Robbie Burns, the famous Scottish poet who wrote such songs as "Auld Lang Syne" and of course the bagpipes!
If you don't know yet, Logan has a bagpipe ambition that is quite hilarious!

3 comments:

chantelle said...

Logans remark: what is her problem?.... I don't even care! lol that was too funny Kari the skidmark one rocks!

Kari said...

hahaha, I just thought they were pretty funny...bagpipes. pssh. :P

Terry and Marlys said...

I just could not stop laughing at this post!! Good jokes!